ABOUT GATE EXAM
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India entrance Examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee). It is conducted every year in the month of February.
The GATE Score/Rank is mandatory for admission into and/or financial assistance to Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture in IISc, IITs and other prestigious Institutes / Universities in India. The GATE Score is also used by many PSUs for recruitment of candidates into prestigious jobs with attractive salary packages. Some of the PSUs which use GATE score for providing jobs include BARC, BHEL, IOCL, HPCL, NTPC, Power Grid, NHPC etc.
GATE is an exam that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score reflects the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject. GATE score is valid for THREE years.
GATE 2021: AN OVERVIEW
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website opens for Enrollment: 1st September -20
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: 21st September 2020
- Last Date For Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login : 17th November 2020
- Availability of Admit card on the Online Application Interface for Printing: 04th January 2020
- GATE 2018 Online Examination Dates: not Yet Announced
- Announcement of Result on the Online Application Website: not Yet Announced